Thursday, September 8, 2011

T -1 Day and counting...

Well here I am one day away.  Millions of things to do and little time to do them in.  All my bags are not packed so I am not ready to go (Do you see what I did there?).  However, I am excited, and a little nervous, about leaving.  I am ready to see what God will be doing with me in New Zealand.  I mean the journey leading up to this point has been exciting, the rest should be no exception.   Yet I am stil a little apprehensive about everything.  I will be traveling alone, I won't know a soul when I get there, I don't know what I will be doing,things of that sort.  Also things here are getting interesting.  Yesterday I find out that my financial aid might be in jeopardy and that my accumulated loans could kick in when I get back.  Talk about a shot the the gut.  The people I talked to said I have several options it will just depend on the situation when I get back.  Two and a half hours on the phone and I still don't think that I have gotten a clear answer about what is going to happen.  But it is a little late now.  I leave tomorrow and am gone for two months.  Another thing going down is that my grandpa is not doing well at all.  His cancer is getting worse and I don't know how long he is going to last.  It is pretty disheartening, but Matthew 8:21-22 keeps coming to mind and so I continue to prepare.  I think it is funny how things like this seem to happen.  My friend, Hein Reyneke, told me that he is encouraged when bad things happen before a ministry opportunity.  It tells him that something great is going to happen and that Satan is trying his damnedest to screw up the good (Sorry for the language mom, it won't happen again).  So with all these things happening I am encouraged.  I am encouraged because even though I still have no idea how God is going to use me, what work I will be doing, or how everything is going to work out; something good is going to come out of it.  Well I am unsure of the internet access I am going to have so I don't know what the blogging is going to be like.  But I am going to try to make it a weakly thing.  Well until next time, this is Ryan Dillon signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment